Undergraduate Research Institute Scholars Program
What is the Undergraduate Research Institute Scholars Program?
The URI Scholars Program is a planned sequence of experiences to support the development of undergraduate researchers in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences.
Participants in the program will:
- Be able to list the honor Undergraduate Research Institute Scholar on applications for graduate/professional school and on resumes
- Be highlighted on the URI website
- Receive one-on-one advising for their projects
- Receive assistance in applying for research funding, presentations, and publications
- Have opportunities to engage with administrators and faculty that they may not get to know otherwise.
- Be acknowledged at an annual recognition program
- Receive a certificate upon completion of the UR Scholar check sheet
Undergraduate Diversity Scholars Designation
URI Scholars whose work is focused on the issues of diversity can receive a special desingation as an Undergraduate Diversity Scholar. Those with this designation will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a cohort of students on similar research projects
- Present research at the Undergraduate Research Diversity Symposium
- Download URI Scholars Application (PDF)
- Program Checksheet (PDF)
- URI Scholars Info (PDF)
- URI Scholar of the Month Nomination Form
Questions about the program? Contact Rob Jacks - firstname.lastname@example.org - 540.231.6770